Open for up to 8 professional flamenco artists currently living and working in the United States who are committed to their personal growth beyond their performance careers. A professional flamenco artist is classified as:
- An Individual with a solid performance history either with a professional flamenco company, in tablaos or as part of professional theatrical performances.
- An individual who teaches, creates, choreographs and/or produces their own work within the flamenco framework.
- Full-time artists whose entire income is generated from flamenco-related activities ie: performances in theaters and tablaos, work as a teaching artist, teacher in the studio setting, etc.
- Part-time artists who may live in a community where full-time work in flamenco is not possible, but have the commitment and desire to create a career path with the flamenco art form as the focal point.
*If you fall into one or more of these outlined points, we encourage you to apply!
- For anyone ready to challenge themselves to re-envision and develop their career path, with their life as a performer as the backbone.
- For those who are open and ready to collaborate, contribute and cultivate with fellow artists and workshop guests.
- Provides a small group setting where the participants will determine the focus of the consortium objectives and workshops taught by guests throughout the year.
- An Application is required.