THIS PROGRAM INCLUDES:
- Participants may perform in 3 live tablaos per program year produced by Flamenco Vivo. Additional opportunities may arise where dancers will perform and apprentice alongside professionals in the community
- Access to one-on-one and group mentor sessions to refine bailes, gain improvisational skills and receive support. (Additional fees may apply).
- Optional in-person Residency Intensive in May of 2023 (additional fees will apply).
- Sessions in-studio every three weeks (Sundays from 1:00 – 4:00 pm EST) with a singer and guitarist at Flamenco Vivo Studios in NYC. Dancers may choose to join in person or virtually. Occasionally these sessions will include a specific class focus and/or a guest artist visit.
- Bi-weekly (twice per month) virtual discussion sessions to cover a wide variety of topics including but not limited to: palos, cante, dance structure, challenges and successes. Occasionally these sessions will include a specific class focus and/or a guest artist visit.
THIS PROGRAM IS FOR:
- Dancers living in the United States and Puerto Rico. You may choose to participate virtually and/or travel to New York City take part in any live studio sessions and tablao performances.
- Dancers who have completed the Developing Artists program and/or have an exhibited history of previous experience working with live music. That might look like: apprenticing in tablao, working with a company in a group or solo, etc.
- Dancers who desire more experience working with musicians and a deeper understanding of the symbiosis between the cante, toque y baile.
- Those who have a developing repertoire including one or more of the following: a full baile, Sevillanas, patadas por Tangos y Bulerías, Fandangos, etc.
Payment Plans are available
STAY UPDATED ON EVOLUCIÓN
Join our email list and receive updates on new sessions and public classes:
Artist Development Series:
- Is a year-long, virtual program for up to 20 flamenco students living in the United States and Puerto Rico. Artist Development provides substantial support to rising artists in focus areas beyond what is learned in a typical flamenco dance class.
- Is for students who are 18 years of age or older as of the application deadline.
- Is designed to offer supplemental learning for those who want to progress in their studies. Class themes include but are not limited to: flamenco history, palos, constructing a baile, movement analysis, developing an artistic practice, stage etiquette, performance preparation, working in a cuadro, resume and bio writing, etc.
- Is for those who want to cultivate a network of support with fellow artists and industry professionals.
- Is tailored to the participant group and their specific needs. The 2021 cycle may be different than what was offered in the previous year, as the artists are different.
- The Artist Development Series year may be repeated for even deeper understanding and implementation.
*For any questions regarding eligibility, please contact Leslie Roybal at firstname.lastname@example.org/