About the Position
Flamenco Vivo seeks a full-time Program Manager to oversee a variety of responsibilities related to the coordination of our NYC programming including arts education, public performances and other community engagement activities. The Program Manager works very closely with the Program Director and Executive Director. Minimum two years of experience with arts program management required and experience working with public schools is preferred. While primarily working Monday to Friday, 10am-6pm, the person who takes this job must be willing to work occasional early mornings, nights and weekends. The candidate must also be bilingual in English and Spanish.
– Managing arts education partnerships with 20-25 school partners in NYC and tri-state area (one time bookings to multi-session residencies)
– Marketing to new schools; developing contacts with Arts Education Liaisons
– Organizing professional development programming for teaching artists with the Program Director
– Field inquiries for public and private events
– Advancing of performances with local venues
– Booking and managing artists for local performances
– Collaborating with Community Arts Manager to produce events at the Center for Flamenco Arts
– Maintaining the local activity calendar, contracts, artist fees and payment schedule
– Database management, generating activity reports (attendance, surveys, evaluations, etc.)
– Assisting with grant applications (supplemental/evaluation materials, budgets, etc.)
The ideal candidate will:
– Be excited about creative problem solving and finding innovative ways to design, market and manage programs. Our team is growing, so the ideal candidate will be committed to building and implementing systems and processes among the staff.
– Be detail oriented and extremely organized. This role requires you to wear many hats, often simultaneously, so it is imperative to maneuver seamlessly between tasks!
– Have exceptional verbal and interpersonal communication skills both over the phone and in person. This role is dependent on building and maintaining relationships with artists, school staff, presenters and more.
– Be comfortable working in a fast-paced environment, and able to adapt to frequent, rapid changes
– Enjoy a collaborative office culture but will also be able to self-motivate and manage responsibilities independently.
– Be fluent in Spanish (requirement)
Compensation: This is a full-time position for immediate hire. Salary and benefits are competitive with nonprofit organizations of comparable scope and scale.
How To Apply
To be considered for the position, please email all of the items below to Hanaah Frechette at firstname.lastname@example.org and include “Program Manager” in the email subject line.
1. An original cover letter including your interest in the position and Flamenco Vivo.
2. A résumé no longer than (2) pages outlining your professional and educational experience.
3. A list of (3) professional references complete with phone number, email address, and explanation of the relationship. References will not be contacted without your prior consent.
Incomplete submissions will not be considered. No calls please. Applicants are strongly encouraged to review our website at www.flamenco-vivo.org prior to submitting materials for consideration.
Flamenco Vivo Carlota Santana is an equal opportunity employer and believes a diverse staff will enhance the Company’s ability to fulfill its mission. All positions are filled without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, or disability.