Flamenco Vivo is dedicated to creating a personalized, learning experience for participants every year. Our current (2022-2023) Developing Artist participants receive the following:
- Ongoing classes taught by our faculty of esteemed artists, Emilio Ochando, Fanny Ara, and Lorena Franco. Class focus areas include history, palos, constructing a baile, developing your own artistic practice and more. These classes take place during the monthly sessions and/or as part of a longer class series.
- Foundational technique that provides a solid foundation for any future study. classes.
- Mentorship Sessions with esteemed flamenco professionals
- Monthly virtual meetings where we explore a wide variety of flamenco topics as well as offer the opportunity for participants to share common challenges and successes.
THIS PROGRAM IS FOR:
- Flamenco students living in the United States and Puerto Rico. While the program is virtual in nature, there will be select opportunities for in person work.
- Those who desire supplemental learning in flamenco, and want to progress in their studies beyond what is customarily offered in a technique or choreography class.
- Those who want to cultivate a network of support with fellow artists and industry professionals.
- Those who are ready to commit to one year of deep study and evolution.
This year Flamenco Vivo’s Artist Development Series brought together seven dancers from all over the U.S. in order to focus on deeper learning within the flamenco art form. With virtual classes ranging from a study of the flamenco palos, dance structure and movement analysis to one-on-one mentorships with established international artists, this year-long intensive series provides developing artists with integral tools necessary to prepare for a professional flamenco practice.
Carolina Pajaro Ramirez
Gia Medina Acosta
Application information for the 2023-2024 fiscal year coming soon!
Join our email list and receive updates on new sessions and public classes:
Artist Development Series:
- Is a year-long, virtual program for up to 20 flamenco students living in the United States and Puerto Rico. Artist Development provides substantial support to rising artists in focus areas beyond what is learned in a typical flamenco dance class.
- Is for students who are 18 years of age or older as of the application deadline.
- Is designed to offer supplemental learning for those who want to progress in their studies. Class themes include but are not limited to: flamenco history, palos, constructing a baile, movement analysis, developing an artistic practice, stage etiquette, performance preparation, working in a cuadro, resume and bio writing, etc.
- Is for those who want to cultivate a network of support with fellow artists and industry professionals.
- Is tailored to the participant group and their specific needs. The 2021 cycle may be different than what was offered in the previous year, as the artists are different.
- The Artist Development Series year may be repeated for even deeper understanding and implementation.
*For any questions regarding eligibility, please contact Leslie Roybal at email@example.com/flamenco/