(scholarships and payment plans are available)
- Ongoing virtual classes specifically tailored to the dancers in the program. Our faculty of esteemed artists carefully assess, monitor, and create opportunities that directly serve the individuals taking part. Class focus areas may include studying history, constructing a baile, developing an artistic practice, and more. Classes and meetings typically take place on Sundays from 12:00 – 2:00 pm Eastern Time. Additional classes are scheduled based on participant and guest artist availability.
- Foundational technique and repertoire classes created by the Evolución faculty that serve as a baseline for any/all classes participants may take virtually or in person.
- 10 Mentorship sessions with esteemed flamenco professionals from all over the world. These sessions may take place in a combination of group and individual sessions as determined by the faculty and based on each dancer’s needs.
- 4 one-on-one Artistic Coaching sessions with Program Director Leslie Roybal. These sessions focus on identifying long/short term goals, cultivating a strong artistic practice, and overcoming obstacles.
- Optional in-person residency intensive taking place in June 2024 (additional fees will apply).
- Virtual group meetings that explore a wide variety of flamenco topics as well as offer the opportunity for participants to share resources, common challenges and successes.
- Meetings and classes take place ongoing from July 2023 – June 2024. Limit 20 dancers.
THIS PROGRAM IS FOR
- Flamenco students living in the United States and Puerto Rico. While the program is virtual in nature, there will be select opportunities for in person work.
- Those who desire supplemental learning in flamenco, want to develop a solid artistic practice, and progress in their studies beyond what is customarily offered in a technique or choreography class.
- Those who want to cultivate a network of support with fellow artists and industry professionals.
- Those who are ready to commit to one year of deep study and evolution.
This year Flamenco Vivo’s Artist Development Series brought together seven dancers from all over the U.S. in order to focus on deeper learning within the flamenco art form. With virtual classes ranging from a study of the flamenco palos, dance structure and movement analysis to one-on-one mentorships with established international artists, this year-long intensive series provides developing artists with integral tools necessary to prepare for a professional flamenco practice.
Carolina Pajaro Ramirez
Gia Medina Acosta
Application for the 2023-2024 now open!
Application Deadline: 11:59 pm EDT on Friday, June 16, 2023.
Join our email list and receive updates on new sessions and public classes:
Artist Development Series:
- Is a year-long, virtual program for up to 20 flamenco students living in the United States and Puerto Rico. Artist Development provides substantial support to rising artists in focus areas beyond what is learned in a typical flamenco dance class.
- Is for students who are 18 years of age or older as of the application deadline.
- Is designed to offer supplemental learning for those who want to progress in their studies. Class themes include but are not limited to: flamenco history, palos, constructing a baile, movement analysis, developing an artistic practice, stage etiquette, performance preparation, working in a cuadro, resume and bio writing, etc.
- Is for those who want to cultivate a network of support with fellow artists and industry professionals.
- Is tailored to the participant group and their specific needs. The 2021 cycle may be different than what was offered in the previous year, as the artists are different.
- The Artist Development Series year may be repeated for even deeper understanding and implementation.
*For any questions regarding eligibility, please contact Leslie Roybal at email@example.com/flamenco/