THIS PROGRAM INCLUDES:
- Sessions that directly address questions about artistic practice, professional management, marketing, establishing a non-profit, budgets, contracts, and more. All classes are approached from a flamenco-specific perspective.
- Step-by-step guidance in realizing a creative project (actual or theoretical) from beginning to end.
- Workshops with guest artists and industry professionals that specifically address the needs and evolution of the group. Possible workshops may include: Funding, budgets, contracts, hiring foreign artists (Visas), creating a non-profit, etc.
- Access to a broad network of flamenco professionals, resources, and support via participation in the Consorcio and additional workshops.
- Bi-weekly (2x/month) virtual group sessions geared toward opening key conversations, identifying challenges, attending workshops and seeking out creative solutions together.
THIS PROGRAM IS FOR:
- Professional flamenco artists. It is primarily designed for those working in the United States, however those working outside of the United States can greatly benefit from participation. Schedule an informational call with Leslie Roybal to discuss options: email@example.com.
- For the purpose of this program, a professional flamenco artist can be classified as one or more of the following:
- An Individual with an established performance history either with a professional flamenco company, in tablao or as part of professional theatrical performances.
- An individual who teaches, creates, choreographs and/or produces their own work within the flamenco framework.
- Full-time artists whose entire income is generated from flamenco-related activities ie: performances in theaters and tablaos, work as a teaching artist, teacher in the studio setting, etc.
- Part-time artists who live in a community where full-time work in flamenco may not be possible, but have the commitment and desire to create a career path with the flamenco art form as the focal point.
- Is for anyone ready to challenge themselves to re-envision and develop their career path, with their life as a performer serving as the backbone.
- Is for a small group of artists. While honoring individual objectives and goals, the program also focuses on collective intentions for ongoing development.
- Is for artists who understand that in order to build an impactful, sustainable, fulfilling career one must look beyond their lives as performers toward opportunities for growth and development.
Payment Plans are available
STAY UPDATED ON EVOLUCIÓN
Join our email list and receive updates on new sessions and public classes:
Artist Development Series:
- Is a year-long, virtual program for up to 20 flamenco students living in the United States and Puerto Rico. Artist Development provides substantial support to rising artists in focus areas beyond what is learned in a typical flamenco dance class.
- Is for students who are 18 years of age or older as of the application deadline.
- Is designed to offer supplemental learning for those who want to progress in their studies. Class themes include but are not limited to: flamenco history, palos, constructing a baile, movement analysis, developing an artistic practice, stage etiquette, performance preparation, working in a cuadro, resume and bio writing, etc.
- Is for those who want to cultivate a network of support with fellow artists and industry professionals.
- Is tailored to the participant group and their specific needs. The 2021 cycle may be different than what was offered in the previous year, as the artists are different.
- The Artist Development Series year may be repeated for even deeper understanding and implementation.
*For any questions regarding eligibility, please contact Leslie Roybal at firstname.lastname@example.org/flamenco/