SEEKING FULL-TIME PROGRAM MANAGER!
Flamenco Vivo seeks a full-time Program Manager to oversee a variety of responsibilities related to the coordination of our NYC programming including arts education, public performances and other community engagement activities. The Program Manager works very closely with the Program Director and Executive Director. Minimum two years of experience with arts program management required and experience working with public schools is preferred. While primarily working Monday to Friday, 10am-6pm, the person who takes this job must be willing to work occasional early mornings, nights and weekends. The candidate must also be bilingual in English and Spanish.
– Managing arts education partnerships with 20-25 school partners in NYC and tri-state area (one time bookings to multi-session residencies)
– Marketing to new schools; developing contacts with Arts Education Liaisons
– Organizing professional development programming for teaching artists with the Program Director
– Field inquiries for public and private events
– Advancing of performances with local venues
– Booking and managing artists for local performances
– Collaborating with Community Arts Manager to produce events at the Center for Flamenco Arts
– Maintaining the local activity calendar, contracts, artist fees and payment schedule
– Database management, generating activity reports (attendance, surveys, evaluations, etc.)
– Assisting with grant applications (supplemental/evaluation materials, budgets, etc.)
The ideal candidate will:
– Be excited about creative problem solving and finding innovative ways to design, market and manage programs. Our team is growing, so the ideal candidate will be committed to building and implementing systems and processes among the staff.
– Be detail oriented and extremely organized. This role requires you to wear many hats, often simultaneously, so it is imperative to maneuver seamlessly between tasks!
– Have exceptional verbal and interpersonal communication skills both over the phone and in person. This role is dependent on building and maintaining relationships with artists, school staff, presenters and more.
– Be comfortable working in a fast-paced environment, and able to adapt to frequent, rapid changes
– Enjoy a collaborative office culture but will also be able to self-motivate and manage responsibilities independently.
– Be fluent in Spanish (requirement)
Compensation: This is a full-time position for immediate hire. Salary and benefits are competitive with nonprofit organizations of comparable scope and scale.
How To Apply
To be considered for the position, please email all of the items below to Hanaah Frechette at email@example.com and include “Program Manager” in the email subject line.
1. An original cover letter including your interest in the position and Flamenco Vivo.
2. A résumé no longer than (2) pages outlining your professional and educational experience.
3. A list of (3) professional references complete with phone number, email address, and explanation of the relationship. References will not be contacted without your prior consent.
Incomplete submissions will not be considered. No calls please. Applicants are strongly encouraged to review our website at www.flamenco-vivo.org prior to submitting materials for consideration.
Flamenco Vivo Carlota Santana is an equal opportunity employer and believes a diverse staff will enhance the Company’s ability to fulfill its mission. All positions are filled without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, or disability.
Interested in a job in Arts Administration, Development, Marketing, Arts Education? We encourage you to send your cover letter and résumé to firstname.lastname@example.org. Specific job openings will be posted here as they become available.
Dancers and Musicians
Are you an up-and-coming dancer or musician? We are constantly on the lookout for talented, professionally trained, experienced flamenco artists to join our ranks as performers and Teaching Artists.
To be considered for our Touring Company or New York Ensemble, please send:
- A DVD of your dancing or CD of your music
- Your artistic résumé
- Headshot or dancing photographs
to email@example.com, or call 212-736-4499.
Flamenco Vivo Carlota Santana is seeking a current college student, graduate student, or recent college graduate interested in serving as an Intern and providing a wide range of database, research, administrative, and general support to the FVCS administrative team. In return, FVCS will provide an opportunity for the intern to gain experience in and familiarity with areas such as programming, arts in education, marketing and media outreach, fundraising, philanthropy, international development, and the day-to-day operations of a nonprofit organization with a global reach. Minimum commitment requirements vary, however the general term is 6 months for NY residents and on a case-by-case basis for international students. 10 – 15 hours per week is requested depending on the duration of the Internship in exchange for free classes, occasional free workshops and studio time. Internship areas of focus include:
The Development Intern assists the Executive and Managing Directors with tasks that vary by season (including support for grant deadlines, end-of-year giving, gala, Artist Advisory Council and Board) and is responsible for entering donations into the database, assisting with program tracking, taking minutes at various meetings and grant/artist opportunity research. Additionally, the ideal candidate possesses a strong interest in engaging Flamenco, contemporary and experimental dance and/or performance work. Experience with Mac software, Word, Excel, and Patronmanager are strongly encouraged.
The Programming Intern works with the artist programs and events including, but not limited to: the annual FERIA, our Spring Performance Season, arts-in-education residencies, Certamen and our application based programs. Candidates should have experience with Microsoft Excel and Word, excellent writing skills, strong organizational skills, attention to detail, and the ability to work in a small, busy office environment. Knowledge of PatronManager and Google Docs not required but helpful.
The Marketing Intern assists the with the social media accounts, press and promotional materials, website maintenance and online class listings. The ideal candidate possesses a strong work ethic, basic organizational skills, and an interest in engaging in Flamenco and other dance classes and events. Attention to detail and strong proofreading skills are a priority. Experience with Patronmanager, Facebook Business Manager, and other media software a plus, in addition to a strong knowledge of social media platforms such as Facebook,Twitter, and Instagram.
The Media Intern assists with the video archive and database, press and promotional materials, website maintenance and social media. The ideal candidate possesses a strong work ethic, organizational skills, and an interest in the documentation of Flamenco, contemporary, and experimental dance. Experience with Mac software and Excel are strongly encouraged. Experience with, iMovie, Final Cut Pro X, After Effects, Photoshop, Illustrator and/or social media platforms a plus.
Flamenco Vivo’s Work-Study program provides students with the opportunity to work in exchange for free Flamenco Vivo classes and studio rental. Duties include customer service such as checking-in students, assisting with class payments, maintaining student records, as well as general office work such as cleaning, relaying messages and providing basic information to the public. Cleaning or maintenance duties require late and early hours of work.
Applicants must reside in NYC and commit to a minimum of 3 months
Proficiency in English (Spanish a plus)
Prior experience in customer service a must
Excellent organizational skills and the ability to multitask with detailed accuracy in a fast-paced environment
Proficiency in a Mac and PC environment with Microsoft Word and Excel
To apply, or for more information, please call 212-736-4499 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you are interested in being a volunteer, we are always looking for helping hands. Please contact us for more information!