Now Hiring: Full Time Patron Development Manager
Flamenco Vivo is one of America’s premier flamenco companies, serving more than 40,000 people nationwide through annual national touring and home performances, life-changing educational experiences to over 18,000 public school children each year, and through its NYC studio, which serves as a home for the flamenco community and an incubator for the next generation of Spanish dance artists and educators. We believe that the universal spirit of flamenco – with diverse influences from Arab, Jewish, Gypsy, Spanish, African and Latin American cultures – gives this art form a unique power to build bridges between people.
About the Position
Working closely with the Executive Director, Artistic Director, and Board, the Patron Development Manager is responsible for the management and growth of patron-based revenue for Flamenco Vivo – that of ticket sales, memberships, and individual donations – through the planning and implementing marketing and development campaigns.
This new role, reporting to the Executive Director, will develop strategic marketing initiatives to build brand awareness, relevance, and esteem among target audiences; lead campaigns to meet or exceed ticket sales and donation goals; and develop & deploy ways to maintain and increase loyalty and build deeper relationships with patrons.
While primarily working Monday to Friday, 10am-6pm, the person who takes this job must be willing to work some nights and weekends. Experience with PatronManager CRM a plus.
Compensation: Full-time salaried position, compensation commensurate with experience plus health insurance.
- Direct the planning and execution of marketing and development strategies and budget to expand the audience/donor base, deepen relationships through patron retention, and increase ticket and donation revenue at an effective ROI.
- Manage direct-response and advertising campaigns to achieve ticket sales and giving targets.
- Work with the Executive Director to develop and execute individual donor cultivation strategies such as galas and special donor events.
- Manage the development and deployment of Flamenco Vivo’s digital assets, including the website, social media platforms (Facebook, Instagram), and email marketing.
- Develop and deploy content so as to broaden and engage audiences.
- Conduct ongoing market research and use relevant stakeholder information to continuously inform Flamenco Vivo’s marketing/development strategy.
- Grow membership campaign, and manage monthly member events (e.g. in-studio events, workshops, artist talks and more).
Institutional Identity & Brand
- Oversee Flamenco Vivo’s brand identity and ensure that all communications are on-brand.
- Supervise production of collateral (both physical and electronic, ensuring accuracy and consistency with Flamenco Vivo’s messaging and “voice”
- Participate in the annual development of a public relations plan that increases awareness of Flamenco Vivo’s brand, programs, and services.
- Manage ticket and donation data as part of Flamenco Vivo’s patron database
- Serve as customer service “concierge,” providing personalized ticketing assistance to Board Members, donors and other key audiences.
- Serve as liaison to theatres for all aspects of ticketing including single tickets, group sales and memberships. Regularly and accurately communicate with the theatre staff regarding pricing, promotions and information/messaging pertaining to performances.
- Implement dynamic pricing and manage house scaling and fill (when appropriate). Manage set-up of house seating charts, on-sale events, ticket holds, and comp tickets.
- Responsible for front of house set up and oversight, including serving onsite as Flamenco Vivo box office coverage for performances (when necessary).
- Supervise marketing/development interns (when applicable), including training and scheduling.
How to Apply
To be considered for the position, please email all of the items below to Hanaah Bates at email@example.com and include “Patron Development Manager” in the email’s subject line. The deadline to apply is March 31st but interested candidates are encouraged to submit applications ASAP.
1. An original cover letter including your interest in the position and Flamenco Vivo.
2. A résumé no longer than (2) pages outlining your professional and educational experience.
3. A list of (3) professional references complete with phone number, email address, and explanation of the relationship. References will not be contacted without your prior consent.
Incomplete submissions will not be considered. No calls please. Applicants are strongly encouraged to review our website at www.flamenco-vivo.org prior to submitting materials for consideration.
Flamenco Vivo Carlota Santana is an equal opportunity employer. All positions are filled without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, or disability.
Interested in a job in Arts Administration, Development, Marketing, Arts Education? We encourage you to send your cover letter and résumé to firstname.lastname@example.org. Specific job openings will be posted here as they become available.
Dancers and Musicians
Are you an up-and-coming dancer or musician? We are constantly on the lookout for talented, professionally trained, experienced flamenco artists to join our ranks as performers and Teaching Artists.
To be considered for our Touring Company or New York Ensemble, please send:
- A video of your dancing or recording of your music
- Your artistic résumé
- Headshot or dancing photographs
to email@example.com, or call 212-736-4499.
Flamenco Vivo Carlota Santana is seeking a current college student, graduate student, or recent college graduate interested in serving as an Intern and providing a wide range of database, research, administrative, and general support to the FVCS administrative team. In return, FVCS will provide an opportunity for the intern to gain experience in and familiarity with areas such as programming, arts in education, marketing and media outreach, fundraising, philanthropy, international development, and the day-to-day operations of a nonprofit organization with a global reach. Minimum commitment requirements vary, however the general term is 6 months for NY residents and on a case-by-case basis for international students. 10 – 15 hours per week is requested depending on the duration of the Internship in exchange for free classes, occasional free workshops and studio time. Internship areas of focus include:
The Development Intern assists the Executive and Managing Directors with tasks that vary by season (including support for grant deadlines, end-of-year giving, gala, Artist Advisory Council and Board) and is responsible for entering donations into the database, assisting with program tracking, taking minutes at various meetings and grant/artist opportunity research. Additionally, the ideal candidate possesses a strong interest in engaging Flamenco, contemporary and experimental dance and/or performance work. Experience with Mac software, Word, Excel, and Patronmanager are strongly encouraged.
The Programming Intern works with the artist programs and events including, but not limited to: the annual FERIA, our Spring Performance Season, arts-in-education residencies, Certamen and our application based programs. Candidates should have experience with Microsoft Excel and Word, excellent writing skills, strong organizational skills, attention to detail, and the ability to work in a small, busy office environment. Knowledge of PatronManager and Google Docs not required but helpful.
The Marketing Intern assists the with the social media accounts, press and promotional materials, website maintenance and online class listings. The ideal candidate possesses a strong work ethic, basic organizational skills, and an interest in engaging in Flamenco and other dance classes and events. Attention to detail and strong proofreading skills are a priority. Experience with Patronmanager, Facebook Business Manager, and other media software a plus, in addition to a strong knowledge of social media platforms such as Facebook,Twitter, and Instagram.
The Media Intern assists with the video archive and database, press and promotional materials, website maintenance and social media. The ideal candidate possesses a strong work ethic, organizational skills, and an interest in the documentation of Flamenco, contemporary, and experimental dance. Experience with Mac software and Excel are strongly encouraged. Experience with, iMovie, Final Cut Pro X, After Effects, Photoshop, Illustrator and/or social media platforms a plus.
Flamenco Vivo’s Work-Study program provides students with the opportunity to work in exchange for free Flamenco Vivo classes and studio rental. Duties include customer service such as checking-in students, assisting with class payments, maintaining student records, as well as general office work such as cleaning, relaying messages and providing basic information to the public. Cleaning or maintenance duties require late and early hours of work.
Applicants must reside in NYC and commit to a minimum of 3 months
Proficiency in English (Spanish a plus)
Prior experience in customer service a must
Excellent organizational skills and the ability to multitask with detailed accuracy in a fast-paced environment
Proficiency in a Mac and PC environment with Microsoft Word and Excel
To apply, or for more information, please call 212-736-4499 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you are interested in being a volunteer, we are always looking for helping hands. Please contact us for more information!