The Artists in Residence Exchange provides a model of support for professional choreographic creativity within the Center for Flamenco Arts. Artists creating work within percussive dance forms are provided access to a stimulating environment where experimentation, exploration and artistic evolution are valued, encouraged and cultivated. Up to 2 Artists in Residence will be given 100 free hours of studio space over a 4 month period, the opportunity to discuss and receive feedback on their work in a public forum during a mid-residency session and to present their work (in whatever form that may be) during an informal showing at The Center for Flamenco Arts to culminate the residency.
Selected Artists will receive:
– 100 hours of free studio space .
– Research and Development support.
– Mid-Residency Feedback session of work-in-progress.
– Administrative and Technical assistance.
– Optional Culminating Presentation at The Center for Flamenco Arts (in-process and completed works)
Flamenco Vivo Carlota Santana and The Center for Flamenco Arts are committed to providing multiple levels of support to early career and established artists creating within the realm of percussive dance forms. This program is designed to be a springboard for creative exploration and creation of new work and a safe-space for collaboration and experimentation through the umbrella of The Center for Flamenco Arts. All Artists in Residence will be provided with free studio space, resources to aid in the development of their work and the opportunity share their creative process within a public forum. Application Criteria:
– Artists must be working/creating within a percussive dance form.
– Artists must be present and working in the studio with no more than 3 weeks spent away from NYC for the 4 month duration of the residency (March – June 2020).
– Group or collaborative applications must have a lead applicant. – Applicants who have been an AiRe Resident with Flamenco Vivo Carlota Santana must wait two years before re-applying (i.e. an AiRe resident in Spring 2019 cannot re-apply until Spring 2021)
– Artists who applied to our previous cycle but weren’t selected are encouraged and welcome to apply again.
If you have any questions please email firstname.lastname@example.org
APPLICATION DEADLINE: 11:59pm, Friday, February 7th
Juliette Nieves/Reaction Dance Company
Mexico Beyond Mariachi
Mary Baird “Maria De Los Angeles”