The Artists in Residence Exchange provides a model of support for professional choreographic creativity within the Center for Flamenco Arts. Artists working within percussive and culturally specific dance forms are provided access to a stimulating environment where experimentation, exploration and lifelong learning are valued, encouraged and cultivated. Up to 2 Artists in Residence will be given 100 free hours of studio space, production support and the opportunity to receive feedback on their work in a public forum during a mid-residency session. Artists in Residence may also choose to present their work (in whatever form that may be) during an informal showing at The Center for Flamenco Arts to culminate the residency.
Selected Artists will receive:
– 100 hours of free studio space .
– Research and Development support.
– Mid-Residency Feedback session of work-in-progress.
– Administrative and Technical assistance.
– Optional Culminating Presentation at The Center for Flamenco Arts (in-process and completed works)
Flamenco Vivo Carlota Santana and The Center for Flamenco Arts are committed to providing multiple levels of support to early career and established artists within the percussive and culturally specific dance forms. This program is designed to be a springboard for creative exploration and creation of new work, a safe-space for collaboration and experimentation and an opportunity for participating artists to receive administrative aid through the umbrella of The Center for Flamenco Arts. All Artists in Residence will be provided with free studio space, resources to aid in the development of their work and the opportunity share their creative process within a public forum.
– Artists must be working/creating within the percussive and/or culturally specific dance forms.
– Artists must be present and working in the studio with no more than 3 weeks spent away from NYC for the 4 month duration of the residency.
– Group or collaborative applications must have a lead applicant.
– Applicants who have been an AiRe Resident with Flamenco Vivo Carlota Santana must wait two years before re-applying (i.e. an AiRe resident in fall 2017 cannot re-apply until fall 2019)
– Artists who applied to our previous cycle but weren’t selected are encouraged and welcome to apply again.
If you have any questions please email email@example.com
Mary Baird “Maria De Los Angeles”